I enrolled in the Data Structure and Algorithm specialization at Coursera. I hope to finally finish it this time. I went through the week one course material of the course. There were two problems in the week one. Solution and how to approach them were provided in the PDF form.
Solving an algorithm involves the following step.
- Read the problem
- Design algorithm
- Implement algorithm
- Test and debug the algorithm
The second part of week one explains the concept of stress testing. The steps of it is as follows.
- Implementation of an algorithm.
- A naive implementation of the same problem.
- Testing against a large set of input.
- Check if both fast and naive implementations results in the same solution.